Welcome to the Early Childhood Educators of British Columbia Web Site.
The Early Childhood Educators of BC (ECEBC) is a non-profit organization, advancing the work, the education, and the value in society of Early Care and Learning and Educators in British Columbia.
ECEBC's valuable membership consists of child care providers who hold a certificate to practice granted by the Ministry of Child and Family Development , ECE students, Administrative Directors, ECE Instructors and other professionals who work in closely related fields.
ECEBC has been serving the Early Childhood Profession since 1969 and represent over 900 Early Childhood Educators in the Province of BC. As a membership driven based, non-profit organization along with the direction of our volunteer Board of Directors and 19 local community branches we are committed to achieving a vibrant, high quality Early Care and Learning system. A profession where Early Childhood Educators are paid a living wage for their work and valued by society.
Why should you become a member?
ECEBC Membership offers professionals an opportunity to be involved and advance Early Care and Learning at a local community, Provincial, National and International level. Also included as part of your ECEBC membership:
- You are a member of the Canadian Child Care Federation.
- You are immediately linked to various Early Care and Learning and Early Childhood Development organizations across BC, Canada, and North America and beyond.
- You have the opportunity for involvement at a local ECEBC Branch where you can help you lead and advance Early Care and Learning in your own local community.
- You will receive ECEBC's Code of Ethics and have opportunities to participate in the Best Choices Ethical Journey training at a reduced cost.
- You will enjoy the best competitive rates for the ECEBC Annual Conference including Early Bird registration.
- You will receive outstanding professional journals through both CCCF and ECEBC.
- Access to the online resource library that is ever expanding with the latest ground breaking research in Early Care and Learning including ECEBC’s own Leadership Initiative archives.
- You will benefit from the power in membership and strength in a collective voice, and your own professional voice will be heard and acknowledged.
As professionals united in our professional association, we can achieve a quality Early Care and Learning profession that continues to meet the needs of caregivers, children and their families.
I honor the impact that each of you are making in the lives of children and their families,